Monday, November 19, 2007

My second annual "Byrd For Birds" food drive will take place tomorrow from 8am til 4pm in the south lobby of the Merchandise Mart. I will be collecting donations of frozen turkeys, non-perishable food items and (if you prefer) cash and will be donating them to the Greater Chicago Food Depository (www.chicagosfoodbank.org/site/PageServer) so that less fortunate families in the Chicago area will have a holiday meal, too. I look forward to seeing you and thank you in advance for your generosity.

Sebastian Bach (of Skid Row fame) was in town this past week. He has just released his first full-length solo album called "Angel Down" that features no less than three tracks with the reclusive Axl Rose of Guns n' Roses guesting. The CD is terrific, and I recommend it highly. After checking in with me on my show, we went to lunch the following day to catch up some more. As I have previously mentioned on this blog, Baz and I have been close friends for well over 20 years (egads!) now and it was really great to see him during some "down-time."

Anne Wilson of Heart also called me the other night to update me on her debut solo album entitled "Hope & Glory", which has just been released. Her killer cover of Led Zeppelin's "Immigrant Song" from the aforementioned CD has been playing regularly on the Loop for some time now. It's no surprise to long-time Heart fans, since Anne and her sister Nancy are huge Zeppelin fans, covering many of their songs in their formative years. In fact, Anne shared with me how excited she was to be going to London next month to take in the long-awaited Led Zeppelin reunion.

No comments: