Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Slaughter played for a rabid, sold-out crowd at Austin's in Libertyville this past weekend. Lead singer/songwriter Mark Slaughter and I have been friends for many a year now, so it was great to see them play a rare gig here in Chicagoland. They tore through their many hits with a contagious, enthusiastic fervor, and later in the set debuted a brand new, yet-to-be-released song entitled "Livin' Inside" for those in attendance. For the encore, Mark brought me up on-stage to sing their anthem "Up All Night" with him. Perhaps next time I can convince Mark to do the song in his Donald Duck voice... it's hysterical!

Many thanks to the folks over at Time Out Chicago magazine for the nice plug they gave my show a few weeks ago. Their magazine is an excellent read and a great resource to keep up with the plethora of entertainment options every week here in Chicago. I highly recommend it.

No comments: