Sunday, December 10, 2006

Caught up with Blackhawks and Hockey Hall of Fame member Bobby Hull again while he was back in town last week. I met Bobby for the first time as a youngster (check out the photo on my wlup.com page), and it was an experience I will never forget that had a profound effect on me. Bobby was very gracious and very kind to my younger brother and me back then, chatting with us, signing autographs and posing for a picture together. He asked us our names and I remember him ruffling our hair. Years later I learned that Bobby had met his hockey hero Gordie Howe as a kid, remarked about how kind Gordie had been to him and... had his hair ruffled by Gordie! To this day, Bobby still greets the children with the same enthusiasm and genuineness that Gordie Howe greeted him with decades ago. I remember how thrilled I was and as a result, take great pleasure and extra care in making the youngsters who ask for my autograph or would like a picture feel special, too. Thanks for the great lesson, Mr. Hull.

The guys in Army of Anyone stopped in to say hello to me on the show the other night before their concert here in town. Army of Anyone is a new "supergroup" if you will, consisting of the DeLeo brothers (Dean and Robert) from Stone Temple Pilots fame, former Filter frontman and Nine Inch Nails member Richard Patrick (who's brother is actor Robert Patrick from Terminator 2 and the X-Files) and session/David Lee Roth Band drummer Ray Luzier. It was great to see them again and we had a good laugh. Their tour runs through February 3rd in Hartford.

I will be taking some time off for Christmas, so I would like to take this opportunity to wish you and your loved ones a happy and joyous holiday season and all the best in 2007. Ho, ho, ho!

No comments: