Friday, November 24, 2006

The first (of what I hope will be many) "Byrd for Birds" holiday food drive is now complete. The total donations should be calculated and available to me by early next week and I will relay the results to you as soon as they come in. If you were unable to get by the Merchandise Mart on Tuesday with a donation, but would still like to contribute a frozen turkey, non-perishable food item or simply to donate some money to have these items purchased in your name, you can contact the Greater Chicago Food Depository directly at 773-247-FOOD or log onto www.chicagosfoodbank.org. I would like to personally thank the numerous people who assisted me in making "Byrd for Birds" a reality. Much appreciation to my fellow Loop on-air personalities who lent their enthusiasm and support during my fast and live broadcast. Johnny B and his crew, Erin Carmen, Zakk Tyler and Jane, Crazy Ray and Crystal were all invaluable in getting the word out and encouraging me. Many thanks also go out to Tim, Bill, AJ, Jimi, Tommy, Guy, Dan, Kevyn, Phil, Chris, Pat and Lisa from the Loop who helped me set this up and kept it running smoothly. Thanks to Karla from the Merchandise Mart, and Sue and Keith from the GCFB for bringing the Radio City Rockettes and various school choirs and bands to the live broadcast and working out some of the logistics. Kudos to Potbelly Sandwiches and Eli's Cheesecake for treating the donators to free food. Special thanks to Mayor Daley and his office, the Chicago Sun-Times, Fox TV and WGN-TV for their support and coverage of "Byrd for Birds." Last, but not least, a HUGE thank you to all the wonderful Loyal Loopers who made the effort to donate and cheer me on. Loyal Loopers are simply (hands down) the best and most loyal listeners I have ever had the privilege of performing in front of. You guys (and gals) ROCK!

No comments: